The FX4 MAX is built with off-road enthusiasts in mind and features a range of additional content over and above the XLT. This 2021.25 model spec comes equipped with a 4 cylinder, 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel engine and 10-speed automatic transmission. And with 157kW of power and 500Nm of torque, the new special edition Ford Ranger FX4 MAX is sure to win you over.
Features that make the Ford Ranger FX4 MAX unique:
- Upfitter Auxiliary Switch Pack
- Acoustic windshield
- FordPass Connect- Embedded Modem
- Off-Road Capability
Upfitter Auxiliary Switch Pack
Helps power the upfit component needs. For your convenience built in upfitter switch have been moved to the overhead counsel for easy access and we’ve increased the number of switches from 4 to 6 so you have more capabilities to control components such as winches, electric spreaders, lights and more.
A windshield with added layers of soundproofing insulation. This minimizes the noise you heard while you are driving, regardless of what is around you, acoustic windshield will limit the noise level and help you enjoy a quiet and safe driving experience.
It starts with the FordPass App* on your mobile device, which when linked to a vehicle fitted with a FordPass Connect embedded modem, unlocks a new world of services conveniently available in the palm of your hand. The FordPass includes: remote start, vehicle status, remote lock/unlock, vehicle locator, vehicle health alerts and live traffic.
- FOX™ 2.0 monotube dampers with rear piggyback reservoirs and hydraulic rebound stops
- Off-road tuned front and rear suspension with increased travel and overall ride height
- New front jounce bumpers, new knuckles and unique stabiliser bar
- New 17” alloy wheels in ‘Bolder Grey’, with +42mm offset for a 26mm increase in track width
- 265/70R17 (LT) BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Tyres (taller than Ranger XLT for increased clearance)
- Unique front and rear wheel arch mouldings (finished in ‘Bolder Grey’)
- Unique metal side steps with a non-slip finish, providing off-road styling and functionality without sacrificing ground clearance
- Bold ‘F-O-R-D’ grille design
- Long-legged sports bar finished in Matt Black
- Additional ‘Bolder Grey’ accent colours on grille surround, front/rear bumper, skid plate, fender vent, mirror caps and door handles
Favourite Safety Features:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Roll Over Mitigation
- Traction Control System
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
ABS prevents your wheels from locking when you have to brake suddenly. It electronically pump the brakes several times per second when sensors detect the wheel locking to modulate brake pressures.
Roll Over Mitigation
Roll over mitigation automatically applies the brakes to selected wheels when sensors detect a risk of the vehicle rolling over. Additionally, the system steers the car and adjusts the suspension in which allows the vehicle to remain as stable as possible.
Traction Control System
This system works in the background to help accelerate and prevent wheel slippage when driving on slivery surfaces. Traction control is most effective when accelerating from a stopped/ slowed position when attempting to accelerate up a slippery hill.
This much anticipated special edition Ford FX4 Max is soon to arrive Australia in December and stock is running out fast!
Contact us now to pre-order yours so you don’t miss out.
Written October 2020 by Judy Nguyen
Smartie at the Ford Smart Lab Sydney
Get in touch or request a brochure here: